Helpful Storage Hints
- Plan your storage space. Place those items that you need to get to often in the moving vehicle first (so they'll be last off the vehicle and placed in the front of the storage space). Allow space for walkways between stored items.
- Make an inventory of your stored items and keep it in a safe place at home or in a safe deposit box. Pictures of important or valuable items will help with the inventory. This is useful if you are trying to locate an item.
- Use uniform size boxes for easy stacking. Be sure they're strong enough to hold 25-30 pounds. Avoid putting too much in each box.
- List the contents of each box on all four sides. Number the boxes. Seal boxes with masking tape or heavy packing tape.
- Stack lighter boxes on top of heavier boxes.
- Dishes and glasses should be wrapped in packing paper and placed in dish pack boxes. Stack these on top.
- Furniture with drawers can be utilized as storage places for knick knacks, china, silverware, and small items. Wrap in tablecloths, towels or blankets to prevent breakage.
- Larger appliances that are clean on the inside make excellent packing cases for blankets, towels, tablecloths and clothes.
- Shovels, hoes, rakes and hoses can be stored together in empty trash cans. Stack extra cans inside one another.
- If you stand mattresses on end, be sure to prop them up so they stand straight. Otherwise, they may get bent out of shape and become lumpy.
It is against the law to store materials that are hazardous or combustible such as gasoline, solvents, paint, etc. Drain all remaining gasoline from lawn mowers, power tools, boats, snowmobiles, etc. before storing them.
8845 W Interstate 70 Frontage Rd N, Arvada CO 80002 Phone: 303-421-2771